New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

My Mbps keeps freezing! Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Caitie89

Caitie89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro Unibody (Mid 2009), Currently running Leopard, 8GB iPod Touch and 16GB iPod Nano...

Hey everyone! I have a mid 2009 MacBook pro unibody and it is currently running on leopard. My problem started a couple of months ago. I would use my computer and it would freeze. I would get the spinning beach all of death and then I would have no choice to press the power button to shut it off. It got to the point where it was not booting up. I decided to try booting up from my leopard install disk and running disk utility to see if there were any problems with my hd. It turns out that there were no problems with my hd, but I clicked repair anyways just in case. My computer worked fine for 15 minutes and then started doing the same thing. I then tried resetting my pram, that helped for all of about 20 minutes. I then decided to save all my data via FireWire to my sister's MacBook and decided to cut my losses and erase and install leopard again. That seemed to do the trick! I did this at the end of March and it has worked perfectly since then, until now. It is now freezing and not booting up again. I ran disk utility again and there is no problem with my hd so now I am extremely confused. I wonder if any of you have had this problem? If so, how can I fix it? I am DESPARATE! I cannot afford another computer and I need it functioning for university! ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Sorry this is so long! I had to use my mom's ipad!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No bootable device - My little nightmare | gimp help »