Thread: Web Site Issue

Web Site Issue
    I'm fairly new to the Mac OS X world. I don't know all of the settings in the Mac so I am quite stumped when it comes to this problem.

I have a Squarespace site (no, this is not a shameless plug for the site) and I use the Google font library for my header and sub-header. In Mac OS X, the fonts do not show up in any browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox or even the Mail Preview). I have attached images, the first one is the screenshot from the browser in OS X. The second is from Windows 7 running in Parallels on the same Mac.

I am also unable to run some websites like Fitocracy and Pinwheel. Javascript is enabled in all of my browsers.

As a follow-up, I checked my site on another Mac in the office and everything shows up just fine.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Not sure what your question is.

OF COURSE if one machine does not have the non-standard fonts you used to design the website, it will fall back to using standard fonts.

As for your second question, I don't know what you mean by "run" some websites. I can't see anything on the site that would prevent it working on your machine.

The font issue got solved, but my web site issue remains.

The following web sites do not display correctly on my MacBook Air: After logging in, the timeline doesn't load and the "Meet Others..." section doesn't load (the "Loading..." symbol is all that appears). when searching for a domain name (typed a domain and the "Searching..." box appears and that is all.

There are other sites that I cannot currently recall, but will update as I remember. These sites work just fine on Windows in Parallels, but not in OS X.

This is happening on Safari, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

I finally figured out the issue and it should be a word of warning. I had redirected to localhost due to a program I was running (admittedly, it was not above board and the directions included blocking the site I mentioned). I'm sorry to waste your time with this problem.

The moderator can delete or lock this thread.

Thread Information