New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Macbook Pro (Intel), OSX Lion, Microsoft Exchange 2003

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BigBossCorin

BigBossCorin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB DDR3 RAM, OSX Lion

I have googled this until my fingers have bled!

I have recently replaced a crashed laptop with a MacBook Pro (Intel core i7) with OSX Lion 10.7.4, and bought Office 2011.

My office runs an email server with Microsoft Exchange 2003... I know Iknow... Massive problem... which I am NOW aware of.

In essence no email client compatible for OSX Lion 10.7.4 can talk to Microsoft Exchange 2003.

I have tried unsuccessfully, Outlook 2011, Mail 5, Mozilla Thunderbird, DavMail... In all iMap, POP3, Exchange...

Older clients such as Entourage aren't supported as they are Power PC applications...

I am currently using Mimecast (an email management system), which is barely making out to be a viable temparary solution.

My final attempt theory is to install Paralells 7, and run a Windows based client and purely run email through Paralells... but have been advised by more savvy friends to exhaust every other possible solution prior. I feel I was there a week ago...

I need a solution, and fast...

Please help.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

It has to be a setting either in your office's setup within Exchange or with a setting you have on your machine. I say this because I am connecting natively to Exchange with Outlook 2011 for Mac and have it syncing with my iPhone and iPad as well and have been for over a year now.

Does your office require VPN to connect from outside the network?

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
BigBossCorin

Hi Deckyon,

My mails connect to my iPhone and iPad just fine, just having issues with my MacBook Pro (intel)...

And with regards to accessing our network for outside of the office, yes, we do require the setting up of a VPN... However I'm struggling to connect even plugged into a hardline at the office.

The Exchange server you are using, is it 2003? And your Mac running OSX Lion?

Not to computer expert so please excuse me sounding a bit thick.

My machines setting have been looked at by our IT guy which I can oversee, however setting on the server I would have no clue on.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

My Mac is Lion.
Exchange was 2003 up until a few months ago when it was upgraded to the latest. I connected then, and still do now.

I am not on my Mac now, so I cannot verify the setting screens.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
BigBossCorin

Well if you do manage to get hold of settings I should check against yours which is working, please post!

I'm suffering, and not keen on going to buy a second laptop...

Thanks for the info, there may be hope for me!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« lion now, or wait a while for stable ML? | Maximizing number of maximum open files »