New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Address book

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mmagrath11

mmagrath11 is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
On my mac the address book has one address book (on my mac) which syncs with my personal gmail account. I Need to also sync my google apps contacts to another on my mac address book to prevent my two accounts mixing. Is this possible as i have tried and found it impossible. Any help or hacks as I am willing to try anything.

As far as i can tell the mac only lets you have one address book per user.

Any help is greatly appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
robgendreau

robgendreau will become famous soon enough

While you have one "address book" you can have several accounts, sorta like in Mail or any other email client. Just go into Preferences>Accounts and set up a separate one for the Google Apps account. Once you've added it hit the little ribbon thingee and select the account you want to view.

Or you could use an alternative to Address Book, something like SOHO Organizer. It lets you select different accounts in the sidebar and does lots of other nice stuff.

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
mmagrath11

mmagrath11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgendreau View Post
While you have one "address book" you can have several accounts, sorta like in Mail or any other email client. Just go into Preferences>Accounts and set up a separate one for the Google Apps account. Once you've added it hit the little ribbon thingee and select the account you want to view.

Or you could use an alternative to Address Book, something like SOHO Organizer. It lets you select different accounts in the sidebar and does lots of other nice stuff.

Rob
Hi,
Thanks for your help. I tried what you said above but with my gmail and google apps there is no option in the accounts settings to select contacts. I can only sync the on my mac address book with gmail or google apps. It will only let me do one and I need it to do both. Is there any other way this could be done. I need the address book integrated on my iPhone and computer address book for use with mail.app.
Thanks for your help so far.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cannot update adobe flash lost password | File Recovery »