New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Downloaded files not showing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stacks!

Stacks! is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook late 09 2.26GHz OS10.7 8gb ram

Hi everyone, i have two gripes with OSlion at the moment.

Firstly, i'm having issues with files that i download, zip files in particular. The file shows up in the stack in the dock and unips. Once un-zipping is complete, the individual files show up again in a folder in the dock, however if i open the folder as a window, the files are not visible.
The is annoying as it means i can move one file at a time.

Any suggestions?
Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Going to need more info that what you posted to help you. But, in general a file that is compressed is either an executable or a data file, may or may not create it's own separate folder. So, really going to depend on what the zip file is. If the process of uncompressing the file creates a new folder, then you are going to have to open the folder created to see the files you are expecting.
QUOTE Thanks
Stacks!

Stacks! is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook late 09 2.26GHz OS10.7 8gb ram

Well obviously it creates a subfolder when you unzip it. My problem is that if i try to access the files within that folder by any means other than through the dock they are invisible.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

What happens when you go to User > Downloads and unzip them, via the finder?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Too much memory used | iokit driver unload problem »