New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.2 - upgrade to 10.2.8

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jureynolds

jureynolds is on a distinguished road

Hey all, ya all have been great help in the past... hope that yall will be able to solve my next problem... I recently downloaded a combo upgrade allowing me to upgrade to 10.2.8 from 10.2.4 in order to reinstall the newest itunes. After it downloaded it told me it was successful so i restarted my computer like i was suppose to and now when it turns on it shows the little white apple icon and then something under it like it is thinking. This screen is usually seen right away once you turn on the computer and usually doesn't stay on that long. I have also tried restarting the computer 3 times with out and success. Please help. I know i could stick in the old o.s. disk and start over but i can't do that... i need the info on the computer, it would be a big loss w/o the info on it. Please help! Thanks much
Justin Reynolds
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I'm not understanding...does the computer boot up with 10.2.4, or does it hang on the Apple screen with the spinny thing?

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
jureynolds

jureynolds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
I'm not understanding...does the computer boot up with 10.2.4, or does it hang on the Apple screen with the spinny thing?
it hangs on the apple screen with the spinny thing now and wont boot! please help!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

The following advice is based on my knowledge of Panther and Tiger. Jaguar is a great version, but outdated. So take this with a grain of salt...

-Put in the install disk for Jaguar.
-Hold "C" before it gets to the gray screen w/ the Apple logo. It will boot from the CD.
-You should be seeing the Install screen for Jaguar.
-Look at the Menu Bar for "Utilities". Click and go down to "Disk Utility".
-Open Disk Utility and see if your HDD is mounted. (Your Name's HD)

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Change the Text Color of in Finder | Anyone got Backup Icons? »