New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.0 - OSX panther/jag with no dvd drive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MAC1av3lli

MAC1av3lli is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook pro 15", iphone 2, 4, powerbook G4 12", powermac G4 (agp graphics)

hi. my sis got a free powerbook g3 with os9.1. since she's a pc girl she thought she'd have me upgrade the mac os so she could learn the mac environment. she does have the pbg3 bronze keyboard series and hers does not include a dvd-rom. If she purchases the osx disc (I think she can only upgrade to panther or jaguar since hers also does not include a built-in firewire). But does that mean she has to purchase a dvd-rom drive in order to run the install disks? Is there another way of installing osx into her laptop.
I thought of creating a crt (or whatever it is) file through disk utility (on my mac) and then putting it on the g3 and running it from the desktop?

p.s. I tried searching forums but couldn't find anything. any help would be appreciated. you can also forward me to previous forum discussions regarding this. thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« translating and reading access.log on my mac | Flash Player install problems - shared library »