New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Non responsive Google chrome on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Littlesparrow

Littlesparrow is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have use Google Chrome for nearly 6 months on my Macbook Pro OS ,suddenly for the last 3 days,google chrome is not responding at all.I have removed it and download again thinking that it will solve the problem.Unfortunately,still the same,the icon move when clicked but stop after few second and no internet pages are opening. At the moment I am using Safari working fine but not with my yahoo messenger.All my mail is with yahoo, I open it from my yahoo messenger display and with Google chrome I was able to access my mail directly but not with Safari. Could someone tell me why Chrome is not working anymore ,what could be the possible causes and what to do to solve that problem.Is there any other application compatible with yahoo messenger?
QUOTE Thanks
rez

rez is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook 2.26GHZ 4GB RAM 250GB HDD 64GB SSD

Hey Little Sparrow.

I haven't got the answer to your question, but my google chrome had started to do similar things, freezing, not loading web pages properly. By you saying the icon stopping to move, I'll take it that Google Chrome is crashing and not opening at all sometimes?

I would try the following troubleshooting tips which I have followed a few times, this is more advice than direct help:

First, give your computer a restart. If you have had it on for extended periods of time and put it through sleep often, this causes programs to freeze for me occasionally; at least, restarting the computer solves any issue.

If you have uninstalled Google Chrome before, did you use an application like App Cleaner to do so? If not you have probably left a number of files which could affect any fresh install of Chrome. Search google for the App Cleaner, its free and simple to use. Once you have uninstalled Chrome with this, reinstall and test it out.

If that fails, I would try repairing the permissions on your computer, as is commonly followed as general troubleshooting advice on OS X. You can read more on how to do thathere.

Try these steps, if you still have problems after, post back on here.

Regards,

Ryan
QUOTE Thanks
Littlesparrow

Littlesparrow is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Ryan for your response. Using the application cleaner solved the issue,everything back to normal.Thank you so much,I am really grateful!

Take care
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Need to update it to this version: Chrome Multitask Mode - YouTube
Wish I'd seen this Sunday lol.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parental Controls issues. | Is Snow Leopard available for digital download? »