New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Changing Appearance

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheBergh

TheBergh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OSX

Hi All,
I was at a jobsite, freelancing and noticed some of the folders had icons instead of the usual folder icon. I asked how to do it and someone told me to left click on the folder, choose get info and simply drag the icon I want into the dialogue box. I tried doing this when I got home and it didn't work. Could someone tell me how to do this?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Select icon - get info
click on icon in window - copy
select folder - get info
click on icon in get info window
paste

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Austin

Steve Austin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBergh View Post
Hi All,
I was at a jobsite, freelancing and noticed some of the folders had icons instead of the usual folder icon. I asked how to do it and someone told me to left click on the folder, choose get info and simply drag the icon I want into the dialogue box. I tried doing this when I got home and it didn't work. Could someone tell me how to do this?
Alternatively get the 'Telling Folders' app from the Mac App Store @ $1.99 and do it automatically.
Attached Images
File Type: png Telling Folders.png (21.9 KB, 16 views)

Steve Austin.
A man barely alive.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Not gonna pay 2 dollars for something I can do free...

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Austin

Steve Austin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Not gonna pay 2 dollars for something I can do free...
I completely understand that cradom, but, for someone thats not that confident with doing it the old school way telling folders just takes the hassle out of what they are trying to acheve in a simple way.

Its just a handy inexpensive little app to have for when you want to change a folders appearance on the fly

Steve Austin.
A man barely alive.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Making full screen apps open in the LEFT side of desktops | Boot PowerBook G4 from USB drive? »