New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Dual boot mac os x and windows 7

Thread Closed

OdinH

OdinH is on a distinguished road

So, I just bought a copy of snow leopard in order to upgrade my powermac g5 only to realise that the mac was to old for snow leopard. Now, what I was going to ask for here was if there is any way to install the os on my stationary PC. I also don't want to install it over my windows 7, so if someone has a solution to this please let me know.
I've looked in to this dual booting thing a little bit, but as far as I've seen its only possible to install a cracked version of the os not a "legal" one.
My computer has intel and 8 gb RAM so it should be compatible with the snow leopard os, and if it helps my computer also have two hard-drives with 1 tb each where one is set as local disc with a 100 gb set off to the c: drive and the other HDD is set to storage( backups, etc...). Maybe it would be possible to set one hard-drive to hold the mac os?
Please let me know if there is a solution to my problem,
Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Apple operating systems can only be installed on genuine Apple hardware. What you're proposing to do would be against the Apple EULA and is known as a Hackintosh. Sorry, no help from these forums. Thread closed.

Thread Closed

« Mac OS X maintenance for windows user | iMac Lion lost everything! »