Thread: boot up fail

boot up fail
    i recently tried boot camp assistant on my mac and i forgot one step and gave up and took my mac to the source to get them to take out my dam disc cause i was new to the mac, and now every single time i turn on my mac it goes to the black screen and asks me to put in a disc and then press any key... How do i make my mac go straight to my log in with out holding down the option key?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser1991 View Post
    i recently tried boot camp assistant on my mac and i forgot one step and gave up and took my mac to the source to get them to take out my dam disc cause i was new to the mac, and now every single time i turn on my mac it goes to the black screen and asks me to put in a disc and then press any key... How do i make my mac go straight to my log in with out holding down the option key?
    Have you tried going to System Preferences and choosing Start Up Disk and then selecting your HD? As I understand it, selecting it during boot up using the option key is just a temporary selection and it reverts to default on restart.

Welcome to the Forums BTW
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Have you tried going to System Preferences and choosing Start Up Disk and then selecting your HD? As I understand it, selecting it during boot up using the option key is just a temporary selection and it reverts to default on restart.

Welcome to the Forums BTW

ill try that out but usually it just went straight to my mac instead of having to hold the option key. ill check it out on preferences right now

And thanks hope you guys are nice and fast at replying I'm such a impatient guy lol

Thread Information