Emergency: Macbook Pro Lagging/Freezing
    Okay so I have a 2009 Macbook Pro with 4 gb of Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo and I believe at least 160GB of hard drive memory. I consider myself somewhat tech savy and I know a lot of the common Issues and fixes. I have Istat loaded on my computer so I can monitor my RAM and that is not the issue. In the past I would use Final Cut Pro and other high memory demanding software with out a problem.

So HERES THE ISSUE. my mac lags/skips about every minute. There like mini freezes. Either Itunes music will stop playing or even as I type this my computer wont keep up with my typing.

It seems like this issue started when I filled up my disk space. I thought "oh you idiot no wonder its running slow you're down to one gb of memory So I deleted a bunch of stuff. This has happened to me however without this problem. I have filled my Hard Drive down to a gig then deleted some items and it would be fine. I have 30 gb free now and it's still doing the same thing and I deleted all the things on my desktop cause I know those are two issues.

I'm ready to pull my hair out.

the only thing I think it could be is that there is an issue when I go to repair permissions.

This comes up but I thought my disk utility fixed it. what does this mean:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BrowserKit.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Please reply ASAP because I am in the middle of writing a paper and need my mac to work

27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    As a test. Create a new user and log into that user. Does the issue still occur?
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Thread Information