Screen size changing
    Downloaded Lion OK but now the screen size changes for no apparent reason sometimes when I am on the web.
    Any ideas what I am doing?

Dave.

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Please define "sometimes". Like, at random when you are not touching the keyboard or mouse? Or, after you select a different web page? When??

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I know exactly what he means. It happened to me.

He means sometimes "for no apparent reason" the screen will magnify (more accurately, zooming in to wherever the mouse was/is).

What's actually happening is that his left-mouse finger is tapping. Twice. NOT clicking, just tapping.

Tapping twice again will set the screen back to normal. Took me ages to figure out what was going on there.

It can be disabled in Mouse system settings, but once you know what it is you may not want to do that, as it's quite handy (I just did it to write this message since it's so nice and easy on the eyes). Once I knew what caused it, I opted to keep it and learned not to let my idle finger wander ...

Answer
    Many thanks chas_m

I also had that problem and it was driving me bonkers, because the mouse isn't where it appears to be any longer!

Most grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I know exactly what he means. It happened to me.

He means sometimes "for no apparent reason" the screen will magnify (more accurately, zooming in to wherever the mouse was/is).

What's actually happening is that his left-mouse finger is tapping. Twice. NOT clicking, just tapping.

Tapping twice again will set the screen back to normal. Took me ages to figure out what was going on there.

It can be disabled in Mouse system settings, but once you know what it is you may not want to do that, as it's quite handy (I just did it to write this message since it's so nice and easy on the eyes). Once I knew what caused it, I opted to keep it and learned not to let my idle finger wander ...

It's similar to the double-tap zoom in on the iPhone screen when your are viewing web pages.

Yes Thanks pendlewitch.

I just checked it out on my iPhone, so thankfully - irritating problem solved!

Thread Information