New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

External Monitor problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Daniel_Betham

Daniel_Betham is on a distinguished road

I am having a slight annoyance with my monitor (TV) at the moment.

When I turn my MB Pro on, I have a few programs that open up straight away and I have certain places I would like them to be. This works fine when I turn it on if it is plugged into the monitor, but when I put it to sleep, or watch tv on the monitor, or play Xbox on it, everything gets jumbled up when I start using it as an external monitor again.

So, my question is this; Am I able to effectively have a 'preset' for when I plug my monitor in?

I don't know if this will effect anything, but the hardware I am using is a Macbook Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 2333, HDMI to HDMI with an HDMI to thunderbolt adaptor.

Any advice/tips would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Daniel_Betham

Any help would be very helpful people! I think I've posted this in the right area.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
So, my question is this; Am I able to effectively have a 'preset' for when I plug my monitor in?
I don't believe it's possible to do so since you're plugging and unplugging your monitor for various purposes. If the monitor were to be used as a permenant extension of the MBP you could designate it as the default and that would work. But since you're using it for watching TV and playing X-Box, that won't work.
QUOTE Thanks
Daniel_Betham

Thank you very much for the reply! I appreciate it!

I think I might have to purchase an external monitor. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Any good external monitor will work. Of course much depends on what your budget is. My favorite external monitors are made by BenQ and Dell.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to "wipe" personal info from MacBook | HDMI Cable to MacBook Pro Problem »