03-06-2012, 11:25 AM #1
Running Fujitsu Scanner on Macbook Pro
- Member Since
- Jun 15, 2011
Maybe this is a better place to post this. Have a Fujitsu SCANSNAP S500 for windows
can anyone help me in how to install and run it on my 2011 Macbook Pro
03-06-2012, 11:33 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 07, 2008
- In Denial
- 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
I have the s1300m and had a problem with it when I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, but Fujitsu posted an updated driver set which I downloaded and fixed the problem.
I am not sure if there is any real difference between the windows and Mac versions of the scanners other than the software, so my first thing would be to look for a download from Fujitsu (you will probably have to email them your scanner serial number-I think I had to do this for them to provide me an active download link).
EDIT: Here is a place to start looking
28. My question wasn't answered here, where can I go for additional assistance?
Please visit the technical data section of the FCPA website, go to the Fujitsu Knowledge Base, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-626-4686 (Option 1) for pre-sales assistance.
EDIT2: You might also try VueScan (available as a free trial) to see if it works with your scanner (probably will).
http://hamrick.com/I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM #3
- Member Since
- Feb 25, 2009
- Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I will note something - I have a scansnap scanner for windows (S510) - The Mac version software doesn't support the windows scanners off the bat. There are a few "cheats" out there -
1) The japanese version of the scansnap manager does support the windows version of the scan snap scanners, but doesn't have the english language for the application. One site has you getting both the Scan snap mac drivers and the japanese app. Install the mac version, copy the english.proj out of the scan snap bundle in applications, uninstall the mac version, install the japanese version, add in the english language files and go to town - I have the site bookmarked at home that describes the procedure in detail, unfortunately I can't remember what search terms I used to find it originally.
2) There is a thread on macworld that talks about getting the windows scanners to work on osx - the last page has links to their "patches" that would make the software work under Lion.My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By curlyimac in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2015, 05:40 PM
By CaptainDave in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2014, 04:15 PM
By flatcoatdino in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
By pam.in.ny in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
By Mr-Fussy in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 5Last Post: 06-19-2011, 02:37 AM