New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can't download certain things from the internet.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cornhuskerkid

cornhuskerkid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 inch macbook(black) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz

When I try to download flash player from facebook, or a mixtape from datpiff.com, or when I try to download the software Spotify sent to me to listen to their music it takes me to a new window and the address bar fills up like the page is loading. Then once the page is supposedly done loading nothing happens; the page just stays blank and it never downloads the mixtape, the flash upgrade, or the spotify software. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help anyone has to offer!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Which version od OSX do you have?

Which browser are you using?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
cornhuskerkid

I have lion 10.7.3 but this was happening before I every went to lion, and i'm using safari.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Do you see anything in the downloads folder - a part file perhaps.

When you click the download monitor (top-right of the Safari window) does anything show in there.

Do you get the same results in another browser - firefox? chrome?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
cornhuskerkid

Well. I've got to say I feel like a bit of an idiot. I didn't need to download the flash upgrade in chrome and the mixtape downloaded from datpiff so i'm assuming the spotify download will work too. In safari though there was nothing; no downloads in either the file or at the top right of the browser page. It won't be hard for me to just start using chrome as my main browser from now on but would you happen to know what the deal was with safari? If not no worries. Like I said I'm not going to make a big deal out of having to use a different browser but I am a fan of safari and wouldn't mind continuing to use it. Oh and I just made this account today do I click on the icon with the thumbs up on your comments to confirm that you've helped me for the reputation system?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Chrome didn't need to download flash because it has it built-in.

re: safari - Does it happen with all downloads? Try the itunes download form the Apple site

Do you have any security software installed?

Yes the rep button is the thumbs up next to the 'permalink'

QUOTE Thanks
cornhuskerkid

no i don't have any problems with those(itunes updates, any applications from app store, or say if i bought some software over the internet) and i was thinking the security software might be a possibility but i wouldnt even know what to search for to get rid of it. i mean i remember downloading mackeeper but i never fully installed it so i just assumed that it wouldnt have anything to do with my problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine drive question | Trash says different things »