New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How do I Update Mac OS X 10.4.11?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

myvinyl333

myvinyl333 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro

I have a Macbook 2.1 with an Intel Core Duo 2, 2 GHZ Processor and 1 GB of memory. OS X is 10.4.11 and I need to upgrade to 10.5 or better, as things like Google Chrome and Fire fox need 10.5 or above. I have read "What OS Disk Do I Need?" A Brief Overview but Ebay is very pricy?
Thanks

Keeping Music "LIVE"
http://www.iamnotjerry.com
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You either need Leopard (which seems to have a going rate of around $75 in the US) or you could skip Leopard and go for Snow leopard (this is around $40 for the OS alone - but going from Tiger straight to Snow Leopard is against the EULA I believe) So you'll need the Box set, which includes iWork 09, iLife 09 and Snow Leopard for around $150

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I won't address the EULA, just say that the retail set sold by Apple will install on a machine running Tiger without issue.
Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 $29 USD
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.)

EDIT: Changed my mind and will ask, since this keeps coming up, for our resident lawyers.

In my non-lawyerly (engineer) reasoning, a EULA that requires purchase of an intermediate product that is no longer sold is no longer valid or inforceable. True, false or other?

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I use Mac Mini's Ext HDD for MB Pro Time Machine Data? | Capturing images to your desktop »