New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OSX Lion Security Flaw

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ozell

Ozell is on a distinguished road

I've been noticing lately that while my Macbook starts up Lion, by clicking the mouse multiple times it bypasses the login screen and logs me in automatically... This seems like a major security flaw... Has anyone else noticed this?
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I will try this later. Are you sure that you are selecting the name and not just clicking the mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
Ozell

WHile the computer is booting up, click the mouse repeatedly and don't stop until it logs you in, I've tried it a few times already and it keeps doing it every time
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Do you have auto login enabled?

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Ozell

I don't think so, have to enter the password normally whenever this flaw doesn't happen, it just seems like all the clicking confuses it
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Haven't been able to replicate it on my set-up, either in the general login screen or by clicking on my own icon and then clicking like mad with the mouse

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Ozell

Start clicking right after you press the power button, that's how it's been happening with mine, it never even shows me a login screen if I keep clicking
QUOTE Thanks
David Green

David Green is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD

Hello Ozell

You should do a video for YouTube - guaranteed 10 million hits from Apple haters the world over.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« patch os x to change alias suffix | How much room? »