New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Networking

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chinthakacrx

Chinthakacrx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macmini

I have a new appletv 2 & macmini, I just need to connect it wirelessely, I have a wireless router but at the moment I don't have any Internet connection/ service,

Please advice whether will it be posible to connect Appletv & Macmini using the wireless router without Internet connection,
When you power up the wireless router, will it work as hub for my network without Internet connection?
If so how can I set it up
QUOTE Thanks
ragu

ragu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: DeskTop is a MacPro 2.8 Quad/22gig/240g SSD/3x3Tb HD plus MBP 15" 2.66 Core I7 /8gig/480SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinthakacrx View Post
I have a new appletv 2 & macmini, I just need to connect it wirelessely, I have a wireless router but at the moment I don't have any Internet connection/ service,

Please advice whether will it be posible to connect Appletv & Macmini using the wireless router without Internet connection,
When you power up the wireless router, will it work as hub for my network without Internet connection?
If so how can I set it up
I think you should be able to do it.. Connect ATV2 to the Router via ethernet or wirelessly
In order to connect wirelessly you need to create a WIFI network (give it a unique name) up on router then after that is setup, you should be able to see it on MacMini and also should be able to see ATV2. give that a try

MacPro 2.8Quad/22g ram/240g SSD +3x3tb Hd
MBP 2.66/8g ram/480g SSD
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I have been doing this for years with an Airport Extreme but most compatible routers will do the same set your encryption to WPA2 and if these are newer Apple products use the 5GHz band as they tend to default to those first and you will find transfer from one to the other a bit faster.
QUOTE Thanks
sfam198

sfam198 is on a distinguished road

You can create a network for your internal devices without an Internet connection, however doesn't the Apple TV need an Internet connection for authentication using your Apple ID?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HP P1005 Laserjet stops queue PM G4 Tiger | identiying links in pdf »