Unhappy Having trouble intsalling snow leopard on macbook
    Hi im trying to upgrade my macbook w/ tiger 10.4.11 to snow leopard 10.6.3. Every time i put in the retail $29 install dvd (white) i can hear the dvd load n start like its goin to install then after a min. or so it jst stops and ejects. I never see anything on the screen jst the sound of the dvd loading. I have all the system requirements and have read numerous feed of ppl doin this exact upgrade w/ no problems. I tried the disc on a friends imac and it installed fine so i kno the disc wrks. I have used dvds in this dvd rom and it works fine. Any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate it. Here are my specs

mac os x version 10.4.11
    2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo
    memory 1gb

ps. originally i read igb of memory is required im now reading some say 2gb of memory is needed. Which is correct n if it is 2gb could this b my problem?

Thanx!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by innoman View Post
    Hi im trying to upgrade my macbook w/ tiger 10.4.11 to snow leopard 10.6.3. Every time i put in the retail $29 install dvd (white) i can hear the dvd load n start like its goin to install then after a min. or so it jst stops and ejects. I never see anything on the screen jst the sound of the dvd loading. I have all the system requirements and have read numerous feed of ppl doin this exact upgrade w/ no problems. I tried the disc on a friends imac and it installed fine so i kno the disc wrks. I have used dvds in this dvd rom and it works fine. Any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate it. Here are my specs

mac os x version 10.4.11
    2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo
    memory 1gb

ps. originally i read igb of memory is required im now reading some say 2gb of memory is needed. Which is correct n if it is 2gb could this b my problem?

Thanx!
    Sounds like problem with your SuperDrive (may try giving it a shot of canned air) or possibly the OS disk dirty or damaged.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

tried the compressed air and the disc is brand new no scratches. Any other suggestions?

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    Back to Razormac.s suggestion of a dodgy optical drive. Slot loaders do seem to have a very high failure rate. The install disc is a DL disc and whilst a DVD may work, the DL may not.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

So whats the solution?

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    Take it to a Genius Bar and have the drive tested.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    OR, if that's not easily done, buy a $20 USB2 external drive case that can fit a burner, buy a $25 DVD burner, put it in the case, plug the thing into your Mac and run the install disk from there.

Thread Information