New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Need help with Eclipse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

outlawg13

outlawg13 is on a distinguished road

So I have eclipse installed and the program set up to build and run. For some reason it will not run at all. Can you please help...
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Do you get any error messages? What happens when you try to run it?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

shoot I have it screen captured to give you a visual...
says launching new configuration has encountered a problem

program not recognized executable
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have Java installed? Eclipse is a Java based application and unlike previous version, Java is not included with Lion.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Do you have Java installed? Eclipse is a Java based application and unlike previous version, Java is not included with Lion.
I need it to do C program. Lion is which osx version and what should I install?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Eclipse is built on Java so you'll need to install the runtime. You can get it here.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

Quote:
Eclipse is built on Java so you'll need to install the runtime. You can get it here.
So which of the java is it? there is one for Linux 64, solaris?
Java EE SDK 6u3 and JDK 7u1 Downloads
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

For some reason eclipse is not working...and what java file is it I am suppose to download? I try to do a c project practice on hello world and it will build but the output will not show...
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

is there a way I can email you and show you the error attachment I screen captured?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawg13 View Post
So which of the java is it? there is one for Linux 64, solaris?
Java EE SDK 6u3 and JDK 7u1 Downloads
I linked to it in the text that you quoted.

Quote:
For some reason eclipse is not working...and what java file is it I am suppose to download? I try to do a c project practice on hello world and it will build but the output will not show...
It sounds like Eclipse is working fine but isn't configured properly. Two things: have you installed the Xcode development tools (which installs all you'll need for C/C++/Obj-C development) and have you configured Eclipse to use those tools?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

Quote:
I linked to it in the text that you quoted.

It sounds like Eclipse is working fine but isn't configured properly. Two things: have you installed the Xcode development tools (which installs all you'll need for C/C++/Obj-C development) and have you configured Eclipse to use those tools?
I was informed I have to get a GNU downloaded to recognize the process
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

GCC comes with the Xcode developer tools which are available on your install discs or in the Mac App Store.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

Quote:
GCC comes with the Xcode developer tools which are available on your install discs or in the Mac App Store.
Well I downloaded Xcode and it is all dll...I do not know where to install it? What other C programming applications would also work for macs?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Well I downloaded Xcode and it is all dll...I do not know where to install it?
If you downloaded Xcode from the App Store, the Xcode app bundle will have been placed in the Applications folder. Do you see it there?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
outlawg13

Quote:
If you downloaded Xcode from the App Store, the Xcode app bundle will have been placed in the Applications folder. Do you see it there?
Is it under utilities?
I don't see the X code app,
Is it a free download?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Programming on MBP | Lion server with Leopard client? »