New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Upgrade help!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Air

Air is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: See Signature

Guys,
I have OS 10.4.11, and want to upgrade to leapoard, but what are my options???

Specs:

Mac Mini
1.25GHz PowerPC g4
1 GB Ram
10.4.11(Tiger?)

[Main Laptop/Computer] [April 2006] 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 120GB Intel 320 SSD | Lion 10.7.5
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

You'll have to find a retail version of a Leopard install disk. And you may want to consider upgrade the RAM.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Rebel1970

Rebel1970 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, iPad Mini

HI I have a retail version of Leopard and my iMac G4 is 800mhz with 512mg ram. Can I upgrade to Leopard? I have seen other Mac's with 700Mhz 512 ram that rum 10.5.8, How is this possible?
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Yep, 1GB is max for the G4 Minis. I was expecting more, I had G4 iBook that could do 1.25GB I think.

I do have a retail version of Leopard, but I'm going to hold on to it for safe keeping. It can still come in handy.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Air

Air is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1970 View Post
HI I have a retail version of Leopard and my iMac G4 is 800mhz with 512mg ram. Can I upgrade to Leopard? I have seen other Mac's with 700Mhz 512 ram that rum 10.5.8, How is this possible?
Not at a 512 meg rig......... Toss in a 1 gig stick and then it might run, slow but it'll run

[Main Laptop/Computer] [April 2006] 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 120GB Intel 320 SSD | Lion 10.7.5
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to include recaptcha image only? | can someone please tell me what this error report means? »