New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

internet connection issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

h-adzia

h-adzia is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have a problem with internet connection on leopard 10.5.8.
I have to begin with info that I open my MBP to clean it from dust and add 4GB ram. Everything after that operation was working fine until suddenly internet stops to work. I thought that it's just for a few seconds, but such a thing never happend with my MBP before. Never have problems with ISP here where I live now.
So I done some research with google, but what I found didn't help at all. At my home there are three other devices such as laptop with windows, iphone and smartphone with android- they are connected to internet and working fine.
Router was reseted several times, was unlocked, changed password, deleted password etc. and still nothing. I tried to connect it thru enthernet cable, but nothing works. There is strong signal and MBP see my home network excellent, but as I see the problem is that it won't connect to ISP. I tried to reset PRAM - nothing happend. I tried to do hardware test, but my optical drive just spit out my leopard instal disk and is only able to read and keep inside original audio CD.
When I ping some webstie it's fail, when I ping my router there is no answer from it.
Is it possible to boot system from internal or external HDD? Cause i'm not using dvd-rom and i don't want to have replacement for that or to buy some external optical drive...
That's my first ever serious issue since i bought MBP in 2007.
Looking forward for some help.......
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You really need to run the Apple Hardware Test to see what's wrong. If you can not connect either by wireless or ethernet, then it's likely a hardware problem. External optical drives are inexpensive and can be use to boot your MBP and to run the AHT.
QUOTE Thanks
h-adzia

h-adzia is on a distinguished road

Thanks chscag, will try to menage that hardware test asap. I used TechTool deluxe, but i guess it's not enough. (btw. test went good)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Possible to branch off a User Account? | Boot Partition on External Drive »