New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iTunes freezing MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kymmy

Kymmy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place for an iTunes questions there doesn't seem to be a general software forum.

I am running Snow Leopard on my 12-month old Macbook Pro.

Last week while downloading iTunes froze. When I attempted to Force Quit, my Finder froze.
I could not reboot other than using the power button. Three attempts to get iTunes to stop freezing my computer, on the last reboot attempt I got an icon of a circle with a slash through it indicating I had no system being recognised. I shutdown from the power button. Again.

The next day I rebooted and after the computer considering this for a few minutes, I finally got my login screen. All seems okay other than a slowish startup (get a blue screen for about 40 seconds before the login screen appears).

Last night I revisited iTunes and it froze again. This time it froze on requesting my login to iTunes. Back to the Finder to Force Quit but couldn't do this. I could move around the Finder menu but no dialogue window would appear for me to restart or shutdown.

Has anyone come across this before? I have run a system check using the Disk Utility and all appears fine.

I can't find any information on Apple relating to iTunes freezing on a Mac.

Need help

thanks
Kymmy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.8 to 10.7 mail issues | Macbook Pro froze up! »