New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problem with trying to run the Merlin program on 2008 Excel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HELP ME

HELP ME is on a distinguished road

Hello, for my biology class, I'm supposed to be installing the Merlin software into Microsoft Excel as an add-in. I got the Merlin program from my teacher, and it seems to work fine for the rest of my classmates. However when I try to install the add-in into excel, I get the message,"The basic visual add-in cannot be loaded. - Visual basic add-ins do not work in Office for Mac".

How do I get the Merlin software to work on my computer? Is it necessary for me to buy the 2011 version of Microsoft Office in order for this to work?

Other information that might be useful:
I'm using a Mac OS X, Version 10.5.8
My version of Microsoft Excel is 2008, and the merlin software comes in xla format.

Sorry, I'm kind of clueless when it comes to computer related stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Office 2008 does not support VBS, therefore Merlin will not work. You need to upgrade to Office 2011 where VBS and macros are once again supported. Your classmates are probably running the Windows versions of Office where VBS is supported across the versions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Same Update Keeps Showing Up | help for buying external raid to macbook pro »