New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Fuji viewer software.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Barrowboy

Barrowboy is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am new to Mac use & trying to download photos from my Fuji 4000 camera. Unfortunately I forgot to load the software onto my MacBook before leaving & am having problems finding the full viewer software online to download.....there are only updates on the Fuji website....can anybody help as running out of space on my camera for more photos.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Hi,

I am new to Mac use & trying to download photos from my Fuji 4000 camera. Unfortunately I forgot to load the software onto my MacBook before leaving & am having problems finding the full viewer software online to download.....there are only updates on the Fuji website....can anybody help as running out of space on my camera for more photos.

Thanks
If you have a newer Mac Laptop you probably have a card reader built in. If not, one of these is all you need.

Amazon.com: Sandisk MicroMate SD / SDHC Memory Card Reader (Static Pack, New, SDDR-113): Electronics

Pull the SD card from your camera and use Image Capture or iPhoto to do the transfer.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Barrowboy

Barrowboy is on a distinguished road

I have a card reader & my MacBook ( older type @ 2 years old) does not recognise the card or reader.....I have all the cables to connect my camera via USB to my Mac, I just need the software to download the photos

Thx
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

Quote:
I have a card reader & my MacBook ( older type @ 2 years old) does not recognise the card or reader.....I have all the cables to connect my camera via USB to my Mac, I just need the software to download the photos

Thx
Hi just to add to Razormac's sound advice you don't need the Fuji software.

If you have iPhoto then open it and go Preferences>General>Connecting Camera opens> and choose either iPhoto or Image Capture. Quit the app then connect your camera with it's lead and the chosen app will automatically open.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:

Thx
If you have an old card reader (I used to have one that read like 8 different card formats) it may not work with the newer SDHC cards (mine didn't). Other than that I have no idea why your Mac should fail to recognise the card and card reader.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail | Help with Mac startup crisis »