New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Wifi (and also Bluetooth) problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chaseandme

chaseandme is on a distinguished road

Hello,

One day my wifi connection on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.6.8) worked, it went to sleep, and when I woke it back up, the wifi didn't work, and hasn't worked since.

The icon in my task bar shows 5 "bars" and looks to be receiving a strong wifi connection. But in reality, i cannot connect.

I've read a lot about problems with Macs dropping their connections, but this isn't an occasional problem. I am not connecting...period.

BTW, my iPad, iPhone and PC are all using the wireless connection normally.

On a less important note (but equally as annoying) is that my Bluetooth quit working (a couple months before the wifi problem). The icon on the task menu shows the grayed out Bluetooth icon with a squiggle through it. When I go to System Preferences to set up a Bluetooth device, it says "No Bluetooth Hardware Found."

I appreciate any help that can be offered, specifically on the wifi issue.

Thanks,
Barbara
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

You can try resetting the SMC and PRAM. However, I continually had the bluetooth issue on an 08 MBP, and they ended up replacing both the system board and bluetooth board.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook startup problem | Access the computer library folder rather than the user library folder with Terminal »