Cairo, Egypt
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Two questions about Lion
    Hello there,

I have been using Lion for a while now and it is a great operating system; however, I have come across two things that are beginning to irritate me and I don't know what to do about them.

First, every time I want to restart the computer, there is an option to "reopen windows when windows starts" which is checked by default. I would like it to be unchecked by default so I wouldn't have to manually do it every time. Is there a way to do that?

You can see what I'm talking about here:

Secondly, every time I restart or turn the computer on I find there is a newly created folder in the trash called "Recovered Files" and it is annoying since some times it isn't remove-able until it disappears on its own. Is there a way to prevent that from happening or is that a security measure Lion uses that cannot be disabled, for instance?

Thank you guys very much.

Have a great day.

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    If you don't want to keep unchecking that particular thing during each reboot/shutdown, then you can follow the instructions in this (Disable Mac OS X Lion Resume & App Window Restore Completely) page and completely disable that feature..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Tucson, AZ
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    That's been unchecked since Lion install for me, and I still get that pop-up. I had gotten rid of it successfully once, but 10.7.1 simply restored it.
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Each 10.7.x update seems to re-enable anything that we disable. For instance, if you unhide the ~/Library folder, expect it to be rehidden with a 10.7.x update. I really wish Apple would accept my changes.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Central New York
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    It's probably like permissions. The installer is set to put everything like X so if you don't have it like that, it will change it to what it wants.

Which is one reason why I don't just on installing Lion updates because then I have to remember everything that I did before and change it back.
    Blog and Photo Gallery:

Currently running OS X 10.10

Thread Information