New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS Lion with Leopard Partition?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sendillin

Sendillin is on a distinguished road

I just bought a new MBP last week, and while I love OS Lion I really want to play my old PPC games. So here are my questions:

1. Is it possible for me to make a partition for OS Leopard (not Snow Leopard) along with OS Lion?

2. Even if it was possible, would I then be able to run PPC software?

3. Would there be any slowing on Lion's end if I added that partition?

Any help is much appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
dobby

dobby is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad

If you buy Snow Leopard than yes it is possible .
Is it a violation of EULA I do not know .
From the technical point of view , just make two partition on you start up drive .
One fore Lion and one for Snow Leopard .
You have to install Rossetta too on the Snow Leopard .
During boot hold down you're option key to choose between Lion and Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
Sendillin

Sendillin is on a distinguished road

Thanks dobby!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

You're assuming that there exist Snow Leopard drivers for his brand new MBP. There well may not be

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I just bought a new MBP last week, and while I love OS Lion I really want to play my old PPC games. So here are my questions:

1. Is it possible for me to make a partition for OS Leopard (not Snow Leopard) along with OS Lion?
Sure it's possible to make a partition for Leopard on your Mac, however, getting it to install and work is another matter. There are no drivers or support for your hardware.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

One of the Moderators on this forum attempted something similar and was disappointed. I considered the same and found it to be untenable. You might have luck in the OSX86 community as they have considerable experience in distilling drivers and such for unconventional installations. Still, even then, I'm not sure the time involved and the results realized would be worth it.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting to two networks at once | Folx download manager »