iphoto deleted process
    Hi All

i'm new in this forum and also i'm new user for mac so plese be kind to me .

I was updloading a photo from my camera to iphoto 11, as everyone know it goes to events (library) section automatically. So I decided to create an album for all my photo from events section.

because i didn't want to have 2 copies of photo (one in events and album), so i decided to delete all the photos from events. however strange things happen, when i deleted all the photo from events section it also deleted (automatically) the same photo in the album that i created. I'm so confused with this iphoto

question;
    1. does anyone knows how to delete a photos from events section WITHOUT deleted the same photos from the album which i created. is there any tricks?
    2. I google this problem it seems this is how apple created iphoto 11, if this is truee than this is a bad software.

Regards
    Thx for all the helps.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by neotzin View Post
    Hi All

i'm new in this forum and also i'm new user for mac so plese be kind to me .

I was updloading a photo from my camera to iphoto 11, as everyone know it goes to events (library) section automatically. So I decided to create an album for all my photo from events section.

because i didn't want to have 2 copies of photo (one in events and album), so i decided to delete all the photos from events. however strange things happen, when i deleted all the photo from events section it also deleted (automatically) the same photo in the album that i created. I'm so confused with this iphoto

question;
    1. does anyone knows how to delete a photos from events section WITHOUT deleted the same photos from the album which i created. is there any tricks?
    2. I google this problem it seems this is how apple created iphoto 11, if this is truee than this is a bad software.

Regards
    Thx for all the helps.
    Creating an Album doesn't make duplicates of your photos. An album is just a preselected assortment of your pictures based on the criteria you set for the album. Best advice I know is to learn how the program works and use it. If you don't like how it works then use something other than iPhoto.

EDIT: By the way, if you haven't emptied the Trash in iPhoto then your pictures are still there. Simply restore them from the Trash to Events and all is well.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Hi razormac

thx for the quick reply.

"An album is just a preselected assortment of your pictures based on the criteria you set for the album". sorry I don't understand are you talking about smart album? because i'm only use normal album.

Thx

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    No, he's talking about a normal album.

It's the same thing in iTunes and Mail and Address Book and many other apps. You have a library of [assets]. Albums (mailboxes in Mail, playlists in iTunes) is just a filtered view of assets you have in the library, only showing the things you've chosen to put there.

If you delete items from the album/mailbox/playlist, they're gone only from that album/playlist/mailbox. But if you delete something from the LIBRARY, it's gone (and removed from all albums/playlists/mailboxes etc).

Hi Chas

Thank you for the explanation, now i do understand how the iphoto's works. especially about album function, I guess i was just misunderstanding about how the iphoto's works.

Regards
    neo

Thread Information