New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

trick/tweak to show all apps in dock application folder.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtran086

dtran086 is on a distinguished road

hey everyone,

I forgot the name of the tweak/trick/app but what it does is it makes all your applications show when clicking to spring open the "applications" folder on your dock...like if you have oh-so-many applications and hate scrolling the entire list...when you click to spring load the applications folder from the dock...it will display ALL your icons...obviously in a smaller fashion..

Does anyone remember how to get that going again?? I had it on my old macbook pro and i just got a new iMac but i forgot how to go about getting that...haha =/

if anyone knows/remembers...please let me know! thank u!
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Right click the folder an it's one of the options in there. Away from Mac at the moment so cant be specific. Might be listed under view as "fan" or something.

Basically, right click the folder in the dock and the option will jump out at you.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
dtran086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Right click the folder an it's one of the options in there. Away from Mac at the moment so cant be specific. Might be listed under view as "fan" or something.

Basically, right click the folder in the dock and the option will jump out at you.
Thank You but this isn't what I'm looking for...I want to keep the folder to spring open as a "grid"...but the grid will consist of ALL my applications...here's a link to a picture...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/...499bb0d0eo.png

notice all the applications show...it's like an app or a tweak or something that enables this...i just forgot what it's called...>
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

You need to right click the folder and choose Display as a Stack as opposed to a folder.
Clicking on it will then give the result you want.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
dtran086

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
You need to right click the folder and choose Display as a Stack as opposed to a folder.
Clicking on it will then give the result you want.
thank u again but it's not what i'm looking for. yes it shows the icons in a grid format but if u have a large lists of applications...u still have to scroll through the list if the application happens to be at the bottom for example.

what i'm looking for is...to have the folder to open in a GRID format but with every single icon and folder displayed in the initial spring...(no scrolling necessary). every icon is displayed from the initial single click to spring load the folder from the dock...

it looks very similar to this...

http://onemac.org/MacApps/TopFreeApp...92923d8d52.jpg

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploa...ationsgrid.png

http://lowendmac.com/zisman/09az/xmenu/02-grid-view.jpg

sorry for making this so complicated...=/ I know there's a program called "TODOS" that can do this but i don't want a separate application for this...it's a tweak or something that integrates into the EXISTING applications folder on the dock...*single click and all apps/folders show all on 1 grid without scrolling*
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

All you have to do is hit cmd and the minus key ( - ) when in grid view and those icons will shrink, enabling everything to be seen in one shot.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
dtran086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
All you have to do is hit cmd and the minus key ( - ) when in grid view and those icons will shrink, enabling everything to be seen in one shot.

Doug
wow! that's new...I never knew about that one...

thank u very much!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Lion - Network Problems | Finder Randomly Fritz. Shows Code in Menu Bar & on Right Click »