New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

HD not showing at startup manager for OS installation

Thread Closed

yossefelbaz

yossefelbaz is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone.

My MacBook Pro gave me the panic screen last week and i went to Apple store. They wanted $200 to fix it without a backup. So i came home did a backup (I connected it with a USB adapter to my PC because my other Mac couldn't see it on either the desktop or the DiskUtility). With a MacDrive software i have formatted it (to Machintosh Journaled HFS+). So now my HD is like a new one, empty and formatted.

I don't have my DVD's, so i downloaded the MAC OS 10.6.3 (the one that was before) and i have did a USB Flash Drive installer (which i found directions how to online) because it is more than 4.7GB.

2 problems:
1. I can't see the HD when i click on Options to get into the Startup Manager.
2. When i click on the USB image on the Startup Mnagaer it goes to the gray Apple logo (without the round loader) and stuck there.

If someone knows how to fix it, it will be great.

Thanks.
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Where did you download 10.6.3?
yossefelbaz

I found the download on torrent search. I have restored the DMG file with DiskUtility to the USB drive.
dobby

dobby is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad

Did you buy it from Apple store ?
yossefelbaz

As you can see in my first post, i have downloaded the software online, I found it on torrent. To order from Apple is $29.99 and it will take me time to get it!
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm sorry but we can not help you any further since you illegally downloaded OS X. We do not discuss or offer help in these forums for illegal activities. This thread is closed.

Thread Closed

« Anyone having trouble pushing synced Safari Bookmarks? | how to see mouse animations in VNC client? »