New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Delete Template

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iDriver

iDriver is on a distinguished road

How do you delete a template in Numbers? its driving me crazy. My switch from Microsoft is fast becoming a bad move.
Surely this should be simple ??
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You give very little information to go on. Which version of Numbers? Which version of OSX?

But the templates are held in:
Home Library - Application Support - iWork - Numbers - Templates

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
iDriver

Sorry where do I find Home Library / application support / iWork's ??

My iMac is 1 month old and Numbers is also.

I am very new to Mac
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The library folder is hidden by default in Lion which is the reason you can't find it. Do this to make the library folder visible:

Open Applications, Utilities. Now click on "Terminal.app". When the dialog box opens, copy and paste the following in the box at the prompt and then press enter.

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Close the terminal application. Now use your Finder and navigate to the folder as was given in the previous reply by member mrplow. You should be able to find the template and remove it.
QUOTE Thanks
iDriver

Thank you ,Thank you !!!!
QUOTE Thanks
HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky is on a distinguished road

Aloha Fora Friends---

I think I've followed directions given by CHSCAG:

"Close the terminal application. Now use your Finder and navigate to the folder as was given in the previous reply by member mrplow. You should be able to find the template and remove it."

Did the copy/paste/enter/close TERMINAL window. Opened Finder, I presume HOME FOLDER is the one with the homelike icon and my name following. Opened that--no APPLICATION SUPPORT found, nor will search box help--or Spotlight for entire Mac. Therefore can't proceed to iWork>Numbers>TEMPLATES!

Junque Templates deletion shouldn't have to be so unintuitive!

Any more things to help me find my way out of this thicket??

Mahalo! HGL
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Application Support is in the Library folder inside your Home folder.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for helping me get the 'pebble out of my shoe'--solved a very vexing and unhappy situation!

I was afraid my few remaining brain cells had gotten overheated/shriveled--whatever--& were no longer working.

mrplow had given a tantalizing foretaste of where to look, but I needed the extra boost from you.

HGL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphoto | Snow Leopard »