Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Operating System (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/)
-   -   Restoring to old OS (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/266000-restoring-old-os.html)

kuklachica 02-06-2012 10:01 PM

Restoring to old OS

I just got a Macbook Air and upgraded to Lion with the free upgrade offer. The laptop came with Snow Leopard. I had been using my 2009 Macbook pro with Leopard on it. I hate Lion. The font is too small and hurts my eyes (and I am in my 20's). It is ridiculous. Is there a way to restore back to Snow Leopard with my install disk without having to put all my stuff back on the computer (music, photos, etc.)? I put all the new stuff on because I have to get my other computer ready to sell, but I cannot take this small font. If there is a way to reinstall Snow Leopard, I'd really appreciate hearing how.

thank you!

Dysfunction 02-06-2012 10:02 PM

The only way to reinstall Snow Leopard is to format the drive and install it. So you would have to manually put all your stuff back.

dtravis7 02-06-2012 10:20 PM

I see no difference on the same iMac here with the fonts between Snow Leopard and Lion.

What Mike says is Spot on. Only other thing I would suggest is make a time machine backup on an external and then format and install Snow Leopard then use Migration assistant to migrate data and apps over. Should work but I have only tried that the other way from SL to Lion.

I am wondering if it's a setting in Lion for maybe the resolution as like I said, both look the same here font wise.

chscag 02-06-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

I am wondering if it's a setting in Lion for maybe the resolution as like I said, both look the same here font wise.
I agree with Dennis. I updated both a 2008 MacBook and Mid 2011 iMac from Snow Leopard to Lion and the system fonts are the same size. However, I notice the OP is using a MBA which has a fairly high resolution (1366 x 768 for the 11") for a small screen. The 13" MBA is 1400 x 900. If he's using an 11" model, I agree with him about the fonts. These old eyes of mine couldn't take that for very long.

kuklachica 02-06-2012 10:33 PM

So snow leopard and lion have the same tiny fonts?? These are RIDICULOUS compared to Leopard. I really don't like it!

I'm using a 13" MBA. If I try changing the resolution the screen is too fuzzy.

kuklachica 02-06-2012 10:37 PM

I have a Macbook (white) running 10.6 and the font is the same as my 2009 MBP 13" running leopard. Is it just the resolution of the screen?? i thought this would be an upgrade but I'm really regretting the purchase now if this can't be changed.

dtravis7 02-06-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuklachica (Post 1366877)
I have a Macbook (white) running 10.6 and the font is the same as my 2009 MBP 13" running leopard. Is it just the resolution of the screen?? i thought this would be an upgrade but I'm really regretting the purchase now if this can't be changed.

You can change the resolution in System Preferences/Displays but if you do things might look a bit grainy as LCD panels only look good at their native Resolution. You can try it.

Another suggestion is check all over OSX and change the Font of everything to a larger one. That might work also.

kuklachica 02-07-2012 06:09 PM

So even if I had a 15" MBP the fonts would still be the same exact size as they are on my MBA?