Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    The 10.7.3 update is ready for download, but be aware !!! Read on.
    Well the 10.7.3 update is here ready for download, but there are problems.

OS X 10.7.3 causing CUI errors for some, Combo Update recommended | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog.

While it should be noted that there are plenty of reports of users updating with no issues whatsoever, there's no denying that for those affected this is a painful and unfortunate bug. It's especially awkward for users who don't have a bootable backup or another machine to help the recovery process, because it leaves your Mac pretty much unusable.
    So the 10.7.3 Combo Update is a biggie this time sitting in @ 1.2GB HUGE lol

Just thought i give you all a heads up.

REMEMBER : BEFORE ANY UPDATE WHAT SO EVER, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP.

I cant emphasise this enough !!!!!

CHEERS
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Interesting - mine was 750MB last night...I'm fairly certain at least. I guess the good news about a bug is - there should be a 10.7.4 around the corner.

Specs:
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    Interesting - mine was 750MB last night...I'm fairly certain at least. I guess the good news about a bug is - there should be a 10.7.4 around the corner.
    Aye, I did mine a couple of hours ago, and was around the 750MB mark - no problems with the update here either... Yet.
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Specs:
    Late-2013 27'' iMac, 3.4GHz Quad-Core i5, NVIDIA GTX 775M 2 GB GDDR5 Mem, 8 GB Mem, El Capitan 10.11
    Mine was 1.36 GB and I updated before i saw the issues people were having. Luckily, my update was 100% smooth and I had no issues at all.
    “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” - Frank Zappa

My Original Music:

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
    Aye, I did mine a couple of hours ago, and was around the 750MB mark - no problems with the update here either... Yet.
    And is that via the Software updater ?? I guess a yes, but as usual the combo is big. I have not gone SU for my updates since 10.5.8 when i had major problems. Its Combo all the way for me

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Yup! Software updater all the waaaaay, baby!
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Specs:
    2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    It is being discussed @ Apple Suport here
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Hope it helps.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Specs:
    2010 iMac
    Angry Update failure
    I updated OSX 10.7 yesterday with a 1.07 Gb update and it was a complete disaster.
    Although the download and installation went smoothly, after restarting every single program would crash.System Preferences throws me back to the login screen. I did restarted in safe mode but it made no difference.Could not get to a command line either. I was left with no choice but to re-install OSX from a backup.
    My machine is a 2009 iMac 22" with all original gear and Win 7 with Bootcamp which still works.
    Has anyone got the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Anyone know why there's such a variance in Update size? Machine related? I'm not updating the iMac until these reports go away.

Here's the pending update for my iMac

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Best option as my mate Tattooed advised is to plump for the Combo Updater which is the full package. Software Update will try to pluck out what the system needs only, hence the variety:-

OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)

Download and run again.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerardus View Post
    I updated OSX 10.7 yesterday with a 1.07 Gb update and it was a complete disaster.
    Although the download and installation went smoothly, after restarting every single program would crash.System Preferences throws me back to the login screen. I did restarted in safe mode but it made no difference.Could not get to a command line either. I was left with no choice but to re-install OSX from a backup.
    My machine is a 2009 iMac 22" with all original gear and Win 7 with Bootcamp which still works.
    Has anyone got the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you
    I had a similar disaster - twice! What ultimately worked for me was downloading the combo update from Apple's support page here.

This topic (and solution) has also been discussed today in the Apple Rumors/Reports forum here. <-- I linked to the actual post (from awesome member vansmith) that gave me the solution.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    2010 iMac
    Smile Upgrade disaster
    Thank you all for replying so quickly.
    I will try the suggestions and let you know how it all went.

Thank you very much

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    I had a similar disaster - twice! What ultimately worked for me was downloading the combo update from Apple's support page here.

This topic (and solution) has also been discussed today in the Apple Rumors/Reports forum here. <-- I linked to the actual post (from awesome member vansmith) that gave me the solution.
    Did we get a new Vansmith?

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    Haha, good thing for slow internets or I would have installed this already
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Best option as my mate Tattooed advised is to plump for the Combo Updater which is the full package. Software Update will try to pluck out what the system needs only, hence the variety:-

OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)

Download and run again.
    Harryb,
    That answers my question on the other thread but am I ok to just download and run this even if I have the buggy 10.7.3 from Software Updater already installed (approx 750 mb) as per yesterday?
    Cheers,
    Liam

Thread Information