New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

The 10.7.3 update is ready for download, but be aware !!! Read on.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well the 10.7.3 update is here ready for download, but there are problems.

OS X 10.7.3 causing CUI errors for some, Combo Update recommended | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog.

Quote:
While it should be noted that there are plenty of reports of users updating with no issues whatsoever, there's no denying that for those affected this is a painful and unfortunate bug. It's especially awkward for users who don't have a bootable backup or another machine to help the recovery process, because it leaves your Mac pretty much unusable.
So the 10.7.3 Combo Update is a biggie this time sitting in @ 1.2GB HUGE lol

Just thought i give you all a heads up.

REMEMBER : BEFORE ANY UPDATE WHAT SO EVER, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP.

I cant emphasise this enough !!!!!

CHEERS

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Interesting - mine was 750MB last night...I'm fairly certain at least. I guess the good news about a bug is - there should be a 10.7.4 around the corner.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Interesting - mine was 750MB last night...I'm fairly certain at least. I guess the good news about a bug is - there should be a 10.7.4 around the corner.
Aye, I did mine a couple of hours ago, and was around the 750MB mark - no problems with the update here either... Yet.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
Spellbinder

Spellbinder will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 27'' iMac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Mine was 1.36 GB and I updated before i saw the issues people were having. Luckily, my update was 100% smooth and I had no issues at all.

My Original Music:
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Aye, I did mine a couple of hours ago, and was around the 750MB mark - no problems with the update here either... Yet.
And is that via the Software updater ?? I guess a yes, but as usual the combo is big. I have not gone SU for my updates since 10.5.8 when i had major problems. Its Combo all the way for me

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Yup! Software updater all the waaaaay, baby!

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

It is being discussed @ Apple Suport here
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Hope it helps.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
Gerardus

Gerardus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 iMac

I updated OSX 10.7 yesterday with a 1.07 Gb update and it was a complete disaster.
Although the download and installation went smoothly, after restarting every single program would crash.System Preferences throws me back to the login screen. I did restarted in safe mode but it made no difference.Could not get to a command line either. I was left with no choice but to re-install OSX from a backup.
My machine is a 2009 iMac 22" with all original gear and Win 7 with Bootcamp which still works.
Has anyone got the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Anyone know why there's such a variance in Update size? Machine related? I'm not updating the iMac until these reports go away.

Here's the pending update for my iMac

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Best option as my mate Tattooed advised is to plump for the Combo Updater which is the full package. Software Update will try to pluck out what the system needs only, hence the variety:-

OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)

Download and run again.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardus View Post
I updated OSX 10.7 yesterday with a 1.07 Gb update and it was a complete disaster.
Although the download and installation went smoothly, after restarting every single program would crash.System Preferences throws me back to the login screen. I did restarted in safe mode but it made no difference.Could not get to a command line either. I was left with no choice but to re-install OSX from a backup.
My machine is a 2009 iMac 22" with all original gear and Win 7 with Bootcamp which still works.
Has anyone got the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you
I had a similar disaster - twice! What ultimately worked for me was downloading the combo update from Apple's support page here.

This topic (and solution) has also been discussed today in the Apple Rumors/Reports forum here. <-- I linked to the actual post (from awesome member vansmith) that gave me the solution.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Gerardus

Gerardus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 iMac

Thank you all for replying so quickly.
I will try the suggestions and let you know how it all went.

Thank you very much
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I had a similar disaster - twice! What ultimately worked for me was downloading the combo update from Apple's support page here.

This topic (and solution) has also been discussed today in the Apple Rumors/Reports forum here. <-- I linked to the actual post (from awesome member vansmith) that gave me the solution.
Did we get a new Vansmith?
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Haha, good thing for slow internets or I would have installed this already

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Best option as my mate Tattooed advised is to plump for the Combo Updater which is the full package. Software Update will try to pluck out what the system needs only, hence the variety:-

OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)

Download and run again.
Harryb,
That answers my question on the other thread but am I ok to just download and run this even if I have the buggy 10.7.3 from Software Updater already installed (approx 750 mb) as per yesterday?
Cheers,
Liam

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« trouble with cwk documents | my iMac is crashing:( »