Safari Status Bar
    Hey everyone. About a week ago I was on safari and the status bar at the bottom came on (I have always had it disabled). Within the last week it has come on and went off twice. I know for a fact I am not pressing command+/. I had a spyware problem on my old macbook so I am kinda worried. Is there any chance someone can be logged into my computer from somewhere else? Or can this be a virus? Thank you

March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    It certainly would be a very odd function for a programmer to bother with don't you think? I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with malware - most likely either you've it it accidentally - or it's a Safari bug. Now that you mention it - I can think of a few times I've looked down and seen the path bar - and wondered if I hit the key stroke accidentally.

There's a new version of Safari out as of yesterday-who knows - maybe that will take care of your problem.

Oh ok. Thank you for the help. All of my important business documents are on this computer which is why Im worried about someone having access to my computer. I will update safari and see if the problem persists.

Thread Information