Dual homed Mac's
    I'm not sure if this is in the right section so I apologise in advance. I have two suites of Mac's, 18 in each suite. They are physically connected to their own independant network shared between the two rooms which gives them access to their server in an adjoining room, to access the internet they use the Airport. What I have found if I change the service order so the the ethernet is top of the list, they can log onto the network, access their shared drive on the xserve but internet doesn't work. If I change the service order so the the Airport is top of the list, the reverse happens, they can access the internet but cannot log onto the xserve. Is there a way of setting the Ethernet top of the list but still get the internet to use the Airport ?

Many thanks.

27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    You don't say which version of Mac OS you're using. But (and this is from memory) you should be able to put the ethernet network first, then the wi-fi network and by default it'll step through looking for the internet connection on the wifi - that's Leopard onwards if i'm remebering correctly.

Other wise you need to change the Network Port configuration to route certain ports to certion connections e.g. port 80 to the wifi etc.

Can't remember too many details and not in front of my Mac at the moment. But it'll give you a place to start and I can probably cobble some detail together later.

More info here:
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Thread Information