New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac Sidebar 10.6.8

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

viply1

viply1 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am having a certain issue with the sidebar

The thing is that whenever i open the sidebar its too big
My folders or any file as such in the last gets shifted to the next row and i dont want that.

Is there any way to set the default sidebar size so that it doesnt resize at all either big or small irrespective of drives attached.

i saw on some site the following code. if in anyway the same could be made default it would be nice.

"Open the AppleScript Editor in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and run:

Code-

tell application "Finder"

set sidebar width of window 1 to 136

end tell"
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What resolution are you running your Mac at? And it would be helpful if you told us what Mac you have - year, model, and which version of OS X you're running.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

You can drag the edge of the sidebar so that it's fairly small. Not small enough?

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

What he said. I just tested it on my system (10.5.8) and if I make the Sidebar smaller then close the window, it comes back at the smaller size.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Downloaded file hanging system | Need Help Mac Pro 10.4.11 wont boot up »