New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OS X, problem?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Coverdale

Coverdale is on a distinguished road

I really need help. I have a macbook 15 in. screen..runs Mac OS X, 10.7.2..obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about but..when I try to do the Software Update for Pro EFI Firmware update , it says the Update Cannot be Saved and "cannot be verified" and may have been corrupted during download and will run on the next scheduled download..well it's been this way for a few weeks and doesn't seem to run an Update on it's own. Aswell, around the same time this started happening, every so often when I go to a website like yahoo or google something pops down saying the certificate for the site might not be valid, and asks if I should continue or not..and I do and it's okay..but just something else I noticed..please help,lol.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Welcome to the forums.
As a suggestion, you might want to get some structure in your post ... paragraphs and punctuation will make your thread more readable for people who are trying to help.
At the same time, remove all the emotions and you will end up with a post of 2 lines which will contain the core message.

In terms of your download not happening ... instead of the automatic software update, you can download the update manually and install it manually. Have you tried that ?

Let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
Coverdale

Coverdale is on a distinguished road

Thank you McBie.
by manually you mean go to the top left and click software update and stuff? I did that..what else?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

No, he meant go to support.apple.com, click on downloads, find the one you are looking for and download it from there.

Be sure to follow the instructions VERY VERY CAREFULLY. An EFI update is one of the few things you can do that, if you do not obey the directions, will leave your Mac in an unusable state. So pay attention to the instructions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook super slow after OS X 10.6.8 upgrade | Activity monitor and system profile aren't matching up in ram amount? »