New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Disk permissions repair

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UrMacDaddy

UrMacDaddy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i5 8GB Lion/ G3 /iPhone4/iPods

I enter disc utility, repair disc. Shows some permissions wrong, they get repaired ok. But this-----Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired. What is that? Shows up last few times.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Probably not a problem, but if you boot from your restore disk (insert disk and restrat pressing the C key) you can do a better permissions repair from there.

JUst wait until the installer comes up and select Disk Utility from the menu bar, run Disk Utility and then restart

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

You can ignore it

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
UrMacDaddy

UrMacDaddy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i5 8GB Lion/ G3 /iPhone4/iPods

Thanks to you both for replying. I have researched (googled!) this message and have discovered it is normal/no problem. I have had this Mac about 9 months and really interested in some of the less used/cooler stuff. The message sounded bad so here I am. I will access disc utility from the install disc as mentioned. Gotta love Mac. I am new at all this stuff and feel confident and comfortable doing it. Also plan on messing with terminal/Unix. Interested in the guts of these babys. Never owned a pc, started with the teal lil baby mac and it STILL works. Read/blogged/figured it all out. Glad to have found this site!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mp4 to dvd | iTunes U not loading... »