New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Wired mouse palava...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Smelly Llama

Smelly Llama is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27", i5, 6Gb, 1TB, Ati512mb

Ok, so I clicked the wrong thing!

I've been using a wired microsoft mouse for CAD in windows running in vmware, it works lots smoother than the magic mouse (which is super but not for vmware CAD)

The other day I made the cursor a little bigger and went to make it the standard size again today, I clicked the left/right click button and the mouse clicking stopped working all together.

Now, I can use the mouse buttons reversed but I rather not. Here's the weird thing. Every time I open the system preferences the mouse click stops working. If I use my magic mouse the options within the mouse settings are only for the magic mouse and not my plugged in one.

I'm going a little mad now, halp!

Just started using Mac at my new job after 20 years of PC. It's surprisingly painless and enjoyable
QUOTE Thanks
Smelly Llama

errrrgh, my backspace key has started to undo actions now. What have I done?!

Just started using Mac at my new job after 20 years of PC. It's surprisingly painless and enjoyable
QUOTE Thanks
Smelly Llama

Ok, the backspace problem has sorted it's self out. Really not sure what I did there. And as I try it now, the numpad is working again.

The mouse problem still exists, when I go into system preferences it just locks up and I have to force quit system prefs with the keyboard and then the mouse works.

what prefs files can I delete that might fix whatever I've done?

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
Smelly Llama

I have reversed the buttons in the Microsoft Intellipoint software. Problem temporarily fixed.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS X Hot Corner Problem - Stops Working | Wi-Fi on MBA 2011 »