Specs:
    iMac 27", i5, 6Gb, 1TB, Ati512mb
    Wired mouse palava...
    Ok, so I clicked the wrong thing!

I've been using a wired microsoft mouse for CAD in windows running in vmware, it works lots smoother than the magic mouse (which is super but not for vmware CAD)

The other day I made the cursor a little bigger and went to make it the standard size again today, I clicked the left/right click button and the mouse clicking stopped working all together.

Now, I can use the mouse buttons reversed but I rather not. Here's the weird thing. Every time I open the system preferences the mouse click stops working. If I use my magic mouse the options within the mouse settings are only for the magic mouse and not my plugged in one.

I'm going a little mad now, halp!
    Just started using Mac at my new job after 20 years of PC. It's surprisingly painless and enjoyable

Specs:
    errrrgh, my backspace key has started to undo actions now. What have I done?!
    Just started using Mac at my new job after 20 years of PC. It's surprisingly painless and enjoyable

Specs:
    Ok, the backspace problem has sorted it's self out. Really not sure what I did there. And as I try it now, the numpad is working again.

The mouse problem still exists, when I go into system preferences it just locks up and I have to force quit system prefs with the keyboard and then the mouse works.

what prefs files can I delete that might fix whatever I've done?

Cheers

Specs:
    I have reversed the buttons in the Microsoft Intellipoint software. Problem temporarily fixed.

Thread Information