New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Only able to move/delete no more than 3 files at anyone time in finder !!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I am hoping someone can replicate this.

Im in Finder and have the Icon view up. Im in downloads and i want to delete/move 10 files. I highlight all ten files i want to do something with and when i execute to Trash them or move them to another folder, it only allows me to grab 3 of them at any one time
It hasn't really annoyed me until today when i went for a spring clean and i had a lot of files to trash and move.

Yes i could of put it into another view and delete/move them where i wanted and as many as i wanted, but that really defeats the purpose of me being in a view that i enjoy.
Anyone else have this, seen it, or can replicate it and if so how do i fix it ?? There is no preference to set a certain number so can't do it that way.

Any ideas friends ??

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Anyone ???

All i need is a yes it happens to me, or no it doesn't happen to my machine.
If its a yes it happens to me, then it looks like it is a system wide thing, but if its a no it doesn't happen here then i need to work out what the gist of it all is.

Ohhh BUMP lol

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

May I remind you, that this is a forum of volunteers and people aren't paid to offer their advice and you shouldn't expect an answer after only 12 HOURS!

Only kidding! If I'd seen this earlier, I would have been able to test it, but my Mac is now 100 miles away, so I can't offer any assistance whatsoever. It does seem strange though that you would only be delete 3 items at a time...

If after SUNDAY, no one has replied, I'll give it whirl... Just for you.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Champion mate
I can't work it out, but got to me yesterday when i had 10's of files to move/delete.

I appreciate your free time, but hurry up and get home so you can see just for me !!!!!

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!

This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
RBS

RBS is on a distinguished road

Working on a MacPro with OS10.7.3.... My trash is overflowing. I kept getting error message saying my hard disk is full. When I empty trash eventually it asks if I want to delete all files or only unlocked. I've tried both ways. Seems there is over 2 million items to delete! I've moved or copied all needed files onto a separate external drive and trashed tons of stuff. Now I can't empty the trash or even move items out of trash.... Yikes!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!
Thanks Dennis. I have looked around a bit but didn't see anything pertaining to my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!
This is correct mate. Its ok in all the other views except the icon view. I just tried to replicate it and it still happens. Not every single time but 90% of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed
You telling me McYukon. Gremlins me thinks lol

Appreciate it all. Its just annoying me now !!!!!

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Deleted Master File for Iphotos | Fan on Mac always running??? »