Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Operating System (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/)
-   -   Only able to move/delete no more than 3 files at anyone time in finder !!!!! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/264989-only-able-move-delete-no-more-than-3-files-anyone-time-finder.html)

TattooedMac 01-27-2012 03:11 AM

Only able to move/delete no more than 3 files at anyone time in finder !!!!!

I am hoping someone can replicate this.

Im in Finder and have the Icon view up. Im in downloads and i want to delete/move 10 files. I highlight all ten files i want to do something with and when i execute to Trash them or move them to another folder, it only allows me to grab 3 of them at any one time :(
It hasn't really annoyed me until today when i went for a spring clean and i had a lot of files to trash and move.

Yes i could of put it into another view and delete/move them where i wanted and as many as i wanted, but that really defeats the purpose of me being in a view that i enjoy.
Anyone else have this, seen it, or can replicate it and if so how do i fix it ?? There is no preference to set a certain number so can't do it that way.

Any ideas friends ??

Cheers

TattooedMac 01-27-2012 03:13 PM

Anyone ???

All i need is a yes it happens to me, or no it doesn't happen to my machine.
If its a yes it happens to me, then it looks like it is a system wide thing, but if its a no it doesn't happen here then i need to work out what the gist of it all is.

Ohhh BUMP lol

Chuckoir 01-27-2012 03:27 PM

May I remind you, that this is a forum of volunteers and people aren't paid to offer their advice and you shouldn't expect an answer after only 12 HOURS! ;)

Only kidding! If I'd seen this earlier, I would have been able to test it, but my Mac is now 100 miles away, so I can't offer any assistance whatsoever. It does seem strange though that you would only be delete 3 items at a time...

If after SUNDAY, no one has replied, I'll give it whirl... Just for you. ;D

TattooedMac 01-27-2012 03:33 PM

Champion mate ;)
I can't work it out, but got to me yesterday when i had 10's of files to move/delete.

I appreciate your free time, but hurry up and get home so you can see just for me !!!!!

Cheers

dtravis7 01-27-2012 03:35 PM

Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!

This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!

McYukon 01-27-2012 04:16 PM

Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed :D

RBS 01-27-2012 05:05 PM

Can't Empty Trash

Working on a MacPro with OS10.7.3.... My trash is overflowing. I kept getting error message saying my hard disk is full. When I empty trash eventually it asks if I want to delete all files or only unlocked. I've tried both ways. Seems there is over 2 million items to delete! I've moved or copied all needed files onto a separate external drive and trashed tons of stuff. Now I can't empty the trash or even move items out of trash.... Yikes!

TattooedMac 01-27-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtravis7 (Post 1362147)
Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!

Thanks Dennis. I have looked around a bit but didn't see anything pertaining to my issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtravis7 (Post 1362147)
This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!

This is correct mate. Its ok in all the other views except the icon view. I just tried to replicate it and it still happens. Not every single time but 90% of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McYukon (Post 1362160)
Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed :D

You telling me McYukon. Gremlins me thinks lol

Appreciate it all. Its just annoying me now !!!!!