New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Various issues with my Macbook Pro HELP!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nielspet

nielspet is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone!

im an old windows boy and i still use windows... however i jumped over to mac three years ago and invested in a macbook pro about 2 years ago unfortunately ive had nothing but problems with it..

firstly the fan is REALLY loud and seems to be working very hard for no reason i only have chrome running now and its going full blast?! doesnt make any sense?

secondly ive had my macbook to the repair shop and go it back after about two months of constant back and forth (ANNOYING) because at first the airport would randomly disapear and claim not to be installed!? so i couldnt go on the internet...

secondly my mac would freeze and the only way to continue would be to restart the computer.. the freezing got so bad that i would only get 5-10 min on my computer before i had to restart again (basically a useless computer) i sent it to get repaired and they store couldnt for the life of them see what was wrong with the computer they sent it to another "pro mac" repair store after the 4th or 5th time of me returning with it saying it still was causeing me problems and they couldnt see anything either... so i was told to re-install the os ect ect with the original cd.. this was done and luckily the airport issue and the freezeing seems to have stopped for now!! (its been 4 days!)

ive told the store about the issue with the fans and they said there is no dust and they cant see what is wrong with it!? please help as 1 its driving me nuts listening to it power up run fully for 3 secs then die down and start up again for some random amount of time... ? ever heard of this problem!? what to do?!?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!! arghhh loosing faith in mac. just when i was getting won over

Any help would be truely appreciated!

- Emil
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Check some suggestions mentioned in this thread:
Constant fan

Especially consider an SMC reset:
Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Have you ever replaced any of the components, especially the RAM?

Run the Apple Hardware Test in loop mode, overnight if it will or at least for a couple hours.
The Apple Hardware Test

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Easy Image utility to MAC Book Pro | 10.4.11 upgrade problem »