New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Pro running terribly...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Djrubin90

Djrubin90 is on a distinguished road

It is slow, trackpad/cursor skips all over the screen, it is freezing randomly... it is not a memory issue, as i have just moved a substantial amount of files off of the HD and even before i did so had plenty of memory to spare...

Will not shut down manually, have to do a hard reset to be able to power off the machine.

Have tried repairing permissions, has not seemed to help...

Any help here? I think it may need a thourough cleaning, I consider myself good with computers but by NO means an expert lol... so if anyone has any ideas as to how i can find the problem myself it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Since you neglected to give us any info about your Mac or which version of OS X it's running - try doing this:

Boot the machine with your original install DVD and enter Disk Utility from the DVD. (top menu, Utilities, Disk Utility) Run a verify and repair on the hard drive. Let's see what it says.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Web sharing shows computer name as "unknown" | File transfer problems »