New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS Lion hang when save or open files from Time capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

czarlovely

czarlovely is on a distinguished road

After I upgrade OS Lion iMac always hang when save or open files from Time capsule
and mak illustrator and finder not responding. after not responding can't sundown completely so I push hold power button.

How can I do?

I use 20-inch iMac 2.4 ram 4 gb OSX Tiger and 21.5-inch iMac 3.06 ram 4 gab OSX Snowleopard have no problem.
QUOTE Thanks
czarlovely

nothing
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi and welcome to the forums czarlovely . . . .

Ill try and help out here so be sure to post back results.

1st open Disk Utility that is in the Utilities folder via Applications.
Click on your HD in the left column then the First Aid Tab then down the bottom Repair Permissions. It might take a while so go make a coffee and when its done don't worry about all the errors that show in the Log window, but sign out then back in.
Try and open/save a file to/from TC.

If the problem still exists then following the instructions above, do the same to your Time Capsule.
Post back the results and we can take it from there.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
czarlovely

Repairing permissions for “OSX HD”
Permissions differ on “Library/Fonts”; should be drwxrwxr-t ; they are drwxrwxr-x .
Repaired “Library/Fonts”
Group differs on “Library/Java”; should be 0; group is 80.
Permissions differ on “Library/Java”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxr-x .
Repaired “Library/Java”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/cs.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/cs.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/hu.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/hu.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/tr.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/tr.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_TW.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_TW.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_CN.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_CN.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ru.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ru.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ko.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ko.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/nl.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/nl.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/it.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/it.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/es.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/es.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/fr.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/fr.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/de.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/de.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ja.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ja.lproj/app/javascript.js”
User differs on “Applications/.DS_Store”; should be 0; user is 501.
Permissions differ on “Applications/.DS_Store”; should be -rw-rw-r-- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .
Repaired “Applications/.DS_Store”
Group differs on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”; should be 0; group is 80.
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rw-rw-r-- .
Repaired “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”
Group differs on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist”; should be 80; group is 0.
Repaired “Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist”

Permissions repair complete

I try use again and will report later.
QUOTE Thanks
czarlovely

Thanks TattooedMac.
It's look better.
QUOTE Thanks
czarlovely

Now it still same problem...
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarlovely View Post
Now it still same problem...

Thats no good is it.
Ill get you to download MainMenu 1.7.4. This is the free version so DONT upgrade or update it or it will take you too .v 2.1.2 and will ask you too pay. This App does the same thing as Disk Utility, but cleans deeper into your OS and does so much more.
Once downloaded and put into your Applications Folder you need to configure your Tasks. You need to find something like this
to bring up a window like this
Notice i have high lighted 2 Tasks you need to uncheck, and once its configured run it. Again sit back and wait until its done. Log out then back in and now lets see what happens.
Its worth a try and won't do any damage so its worth the try. MM has gotten my Mac back on track when DU hasn't. There is another App by the name of Download OnyX for Mac - Mac OS X maintenance and optimisation tool. MacUpdate.com that others swear by, but i found MM to do the task and more. I find MM interface a lot easier to use and bc it did such a good job, i went and bought the the paid version. . . . .

Anyways post back the results and maybe someone else will pop in and give you something else to look at.

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
czarlovely

It still not responding.
It's hang when saving file or transfer file to time capsule on network only. I use lag cable to connect with time capsule. My time capsule is gen 1.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

I should of asked that 1st. What Gen TC you have. Being the 1st Gen I'm thinking now that, that is the problem. According to  kb article for 1st Gen TimeCapsule specs it should be fine, but I'm betting there is a setting somewhere that isn't tweaked just right to be able to get the best out of both machines.

I don't have a TC and I'm not that cluey on wireless networks and settings, but if you are try changing settings. The one that i can think of is the security one ??but on my Router for my older iMac to work i had to have it set at from memory WEP. Now i had it at WAP2 to give me the best, so i thought but the old iMac was only compatible with the WEP so my network could of been cracked in 2 minutes by a 12yr old.

Im about at the tip of my knowledge so if you think you can, play around with the settings, but if not i dare say someone has a setup like yours using TC and they might be able to help.

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Email Attachments not Saving with Original Dates/Times | Problems with File Sharing & Time Machine Network backups on OSX 10.7 Server »