New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.4.11 upgrade problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaesteel

shaesteel is on a distinguished road

hey guys im on an older macbook that was just given to me and im trying to update from 10.4.11 to 10.6.4 i have the disk for the 10.6.4 osx, it came with my friends imac when he got it... when i restart and try to install it simply says that it cant be installed after the language select and i have to restore back to the 10.4.11 im stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
dobby

dobby is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad

To my knowledge if the DVD comes with you're friends IMAc you can only use it on that IMAC .
If you like to upgrade a other Mac just buy a install DVD from the APPLE store or from a Apple retailer .
QUOTE Thanks
shaesteel

shaesteel is on a distinguished road

**** i was hopin there was a free way i could get this to run
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaesteel View Post
"What OS Disk Do I Need?" A Brief Overview

No free way. Snow Leopard costs $29 USD direct from Apple
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...ode=MTY1NDAzOA

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

It really ain't that dear!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaesteel View Post
Not all things for your computer are free, you know.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

You can find it on amazon for 30-50 bucks,Mac OS X version 10.6.3 Snow Leopard:Amazon:Software
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Various issues with my Macbook Pro HELP! | Weird file sizes in Finder »