Specs:
    2008 13" macbook and 21" 2007 iMac, both running the latest snow leopard. Oh, and an iphone 4.
    plists of deleted apps
    Hi there

Whilst trying to solve something I was directed towards the console app. When openend I could see that three plist files were repeatedly requesting files or something, but these were all for apps I thought I had deleted.

Could this background activity be affecting performance of my machine? And can I remove them?

Thanks

Gareth

13" Macbook 2008 Snow leopard latest upgrade

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sounds like you have some apps that needed a proper uninstaller rather than just "drag to trash." Most apps work fine with the "drag to trash" but anything that works on system level or modifies resources needs to use a proper uninstaller or uninstall procedure to remove all parts of the program.

What are the programs you believe are doing this? As far as I know plist files are inert in and of themselves and can't "request" anything.

Specs:
    2008 13" macbook and 21" 2007 iMac, both running the latest snow leopard. Oh, and an iphone 4.
    Please excuse my layman terminology; requesting means they seem to be doing something within my OS.

The apps are BookMacster, USB swapper and Vodafone mobile connect. They exit with exit code 1, start throttling respawn but are unable to find the file or directory. I have tried to insert a picture of the screenshot but haven't yet worked out how to do this within this forum (although have now managed).

My main query is whether they could be hindering my machines performance, but i guess the only way of establishing that is to remove them.

Cheers

G
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information