New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Converting contacts from pst file

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

denz1968

denz1968 is on a distinguished road

My windows PC died. I have now gone IMAC.

I have my old HDD connected to my Mac and can see my PST files. I used mail monkey to import my emails. How do I get my contacts imported.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I have seen a few suggestions for this and some of them are a real pain because the .pst format is proprietary.

I have not used Outlook in a long time but I believe it can export contacts as card format. Address Book should have no problem with those. I also saw a program which appears to be free for converting contacts but must be purchased ig you need to convert e-mail. Try outlook to apple mail converter, Try PST Converter | Download Free Vcard Converter

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
denz1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
I have seen a few suggestions for this and some of them are a real pain because the .pst format is proprietary.

I have not used Outlook in a long time but I believe it can export contacts as card format. Address Book should have no problem with those. I also saw a program which appears to be free for converting contacts but must be purchased ig you need to convert e-mail. Try outlook to apple mail converter, Try PST Converter | Download Free Vcard Converter
Thanks for the response. I can't export the contacts as the old pc is dead. Like I said I have access to the PST as I have the old HDD connected to the MAC
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

This program sounds like it would do they job. they have both Mac and PC versions. The page for the Mac version states

Quote:
Our Mac application lets you convert the PST files directly on you Mac, no dependency on Outlook and Windows based PC. Just Convert your files directly on you new Mac and get going !!
Might be worth it to download the trial and give it a shot or e-mail the sales dept.

QUOTE Thanks
denz1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
This program sounds like it would do they job. they have both Mac and PC versions. The page for the Mac version states

Might be worth it to download the trial and give it a shot or e-mail the sales dept.
Thanks for your quick replies.

I have just found and bought for 1.69 outlook beamer. It has done the trick and works ace. So anybody else with the problem bear it in mind. Well worth the money. Converts your mail to mbox, calendar to ics and contacts to vcf all readable and importable to the various MAC apps.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Thanks for the update. I'll keep that program in mind. This topic seems to come up repeatedly as new switchers try to recover years of information, I have seen some suggestions that Outlook Express can be even worse.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Missing taskbar&folder icons,weird fonts,random gestures not working | MacBook osx install problem »