Specs:
    Mac quad 8, Os X.8.5 6gig ram for now
    Os X.411 flash player upgrade
    G5 dual processor mac/motorola chip. I thought I found the answer w/10.6 when I was told by apple store 10.6 ran on my mac. WRONG. I called just to make sure when it arrived and that guy says no dice. When I try to find a newer version so I can view things on yahoo news links I always get the dinosaur msg and never can get to the correct version of flash player. if there is one. I always knew that at some point this would be a dead end mac. Just trying to put off the inevitable if possible. Does any know which version will work? Looking again there doesn't seem to be one. Is there an alternate app that will do the job?

Also the come on crap at the top of the screen is a pain in the ***. Nowhere does it say you will pay thru the nose for the answer. This is bait and switch as far as I'm concerned and misleading and a waste of my time to say the least. I hope it's making someone's volvo payment. Sorry if you don't like the word ***.... I don't like biddniss azyewsual.

Ron

The last version of Flash Player for PowerPC was 10.1.102. It's hard to get now.
    Download this:
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get....0_archive.zip
    Then, unzip it.
    Then, find flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg and double-click to mount and follow instructions inside (install).

Specs:
    Thank you I'll get on that today and thank you for the help.

Ron

Specs:
    I installed the version from the DL. That seemed to end the upgrade your player msgs. But I noticed mac mail is behaving differently and don't know how to fix it. When I use com. R to respond to an email the send button and the attachment icon are missing from the page. These functions still work with key commands. It's just the icons are missing. I see that as a signal that there is a problem somewhere. Can anyone help.

I checked permissions, verified the disk, but my pram reset and desktop rebuild instructions for key combinations have been obliterated by wear. Even if these aren't a solution it would be good if someone has a link to mac keyboard combinations for maintenance instructions and other useful sequences. And I thank you very much.

Ron

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    PRAM reset hold down Command, Option P and R keys after the chime and keep all held down until after third chime. To reset SMC, turn off at mains, unplug for a minute or two, connect up and see if there is any joy.

Also Ron consider purchasing Leopard OS X.5, with the OS X.5.8 update being the last OS for a G5. Search on eBay and such but purchase only the black coloured full retail install DVD.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    PRAM reset hold down Command, Option P and R keys after the chime and keep all held down until after third chime. To reset SMC, turn off at mains, unplug for a minute or two, connect up and see if there is any joy.

Also Ron consider purchasing Leopard OS X.5, with the OS X.5.8 update being the last OS for a G5. Search on eBay and such but purchase only the black coloured full retail install DVD.
    Thanks for the input. I'll try your suggestions. That os is going at ripoff prices. It's sells for about half what this computer is worth today. Apple store sold me the wrong os, it was 29 dollars for sno leopard. At least there was no shipping and they didn't want it back. Which says alot. I looked on several different days for 10.5. didn't see a price I'd go for.

Thread Information